Raja Balwant Singh College, Agra, formerly known as Balwant Rajput College, is well recognized for its phenomenal epoch making progress. This institution was started as a small boarding house for 20 students, way back in 1885 in the out house of "The Kotla House" in Bagh Farzana Area of Civil Lines, Agra.
The credit for the same goes to Late Shri Raja Balwant Singh ji, Ruler of Awagarh Estate and the Founder of this institution.
This Boarding House got recognised as High school in 1899, from where the first batch of students appeared at the Matriculation examination of Allahabad University in 1901.
The High School was raised to the level of an Intermediate College in 1928 and to that of a degree college in 1940.